Steve Denny is a highly experienced PPM Solution Architect, having worked with some of the UK's largest and most prestigious organisations using Clarity PPM. Prior to joining Pemari in 2011, Steve was responsible for the biggest UK based instance of Clarity PPM at British Telecom (BT) where he helped them deploy Clarity (Niku) across multiple Lines of Business and regions.
Steve is a qualified Management Accountant and has a wealth of knowledge and experience in Clarity PPM, having worked with the product since 2001.
About the Session
- Project budget proposals take too long to complete, often making them out-of-date as soon as they’re published.
- Annual budget plans are too costly to prepare, particularly when you consider the senior management time required.
- Budget proposals are based on assumptions that are nearly always wrong.
- Budgeting causes gaming that erodes the ethical foundation of the organization.
- Budgeting gives the illusion of control, often robbing the organization’s potential.
- Budgeting “sucks the energy, time, fun, and big dreams out of an organization. It hides opportunity and stunts growth. It brings out the most unproductive behaviours in an organization, from sandbagging to settling for mediocrity” (Jack Welch).
There must be a better way…
Join seasoned PPM Professional Steve Denny as he looks at the limitations of traditional budgeting processes, what we could do to improve them and the 7 stages to budgeting success.